Read all about current news and events of the Missouri State Senior Games here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2013
Missouri State Senior Games Scheduled from June 20-22, 2014
The 19th Annual Missouri State Senior Games, a healthy, fun activity for people age 50 and older, is virtually around the corner. This Olympic-style sports festival provides seniors with an excellent opportunity to compete in their favorite sports and meet Missourians from across the state. In 2014, the Senior Games will once again be a separate event from the Show-Me STATE GAMES, and will be held June 20-22 in Columbia, MO.
Entrants can participate in NSGA-approved sports including Archery, Badminton, 3v3 Basketball, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Horseshoes, Race Walk, Road Race, Shuffleboard, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Triathlon, Track & Field and Volleyball. Other sports and activities available include Darts, Shooting, Skills Contests, Soccer and Washers. It’s a great opportunity to gather up some friends for a team or enter individual events for a little friendly competition. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each event. Contact the Show-Me STATE GAMES for more information at 573-882-2101 or visit www.smsg.org/senior_games.
The Missouri State Senior Games is contested in Columbia, the home of some of the finest venues in the state. Events are held at the University of Missouri, Columbia College, Columbia Public Schools and Columbia Parks & Recreation venues.
The Missouri State Senior Games is an Olympic-style sports festival for senior (50+ Years old) athletes.The purpose of the Missouri State Senior Games is to:
• Provide an annual physical fitness event to promote social, competitive, athletic and recreational activities for older adults.
• Promote and create an interest in lifetime sports, recreation, and physical exercise as a means of enhancing one’s quality of life.
• Create an awareness of the abilities and capabilities of older citizens.
• Foster an amateur athletic network of participants, volunteers, and sports enthusiasts throughout Missouri that encourages and promotes healthier lifestyles.
• Create private as well as public support for physical fitness and amateur athletic training.
The Missouri State Senior Games is an "Open" event, which means that out of state residents are eligible and encouraged to participate.
|Copyright © 2014 Show-Me STATE GAMES
Website Designed by PatrickSasser