Missouri State Senior Games (ages 50 and Over)
June 19, 2014 - 8:00am Senior Games Singles
June 19, 2014 - 12:00pm Senior Games Mixed Doubles
June 20, 2014 - 8:00am Senior Doubles
Show-Me State Games (all ages)
June 21, 2014 - 8:00am SMSG Singles
June 21, 2014 - 12:00pm SMSG Mixed Doubles
June 22, 2014 - 8:00am SMSG Doubles
||Updated Location - Cosmo Park Tennis Courts
||$20 per Player
||Entries must be received online or by mail by June 1.
||Skip Deming, (573) 999-9457
|How to Enter:
- A contestant may not duplicate any one event in two different age groups.
- Participants must find their own partners for doubles. No assignments will be made by the Show-Me STATE GAMES office.
- The age division for doubles competition will be determined by the age of the younger of the two partners as of June 12, 2010.
- Match schedules will be available at the on-site information table prior to the opening of play and will be posted there during competition as soon as playing times for the subsequent matches are determined.
- Consolation brackets will be played for all FIRST MATCH losers. Those playing in the consolation bracket are not eligible for medal awards.
- Players must be prepared to play more than one match per event per day.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance with USAPA rules.
- A 15 minute default time will be strictly enforced.
- Warm-up will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Scoring: Only the serving team can score points.
- Points are scored by legally serving a ball that is not touched by the opponent (an ace) or by winning the rally (faulting by the opponent).
- Game: The first side scoring 11 points and leading by at least a 2-point margin wins. If both sides are tied at 10 points, then play continues until one side wins by 2 points.
- Standard tournament format: Best 2 of 3 games to 11 points.
- Alternate tournament format: A tournament director may choose to have some or all matches consist of one game to 15 points or one game to 21 points with a win by 2 points. A winning margin of one point would be appropriate for round robin events where the winners are determined by the total number of points rather than the most number of matches won.
DRAWS/NOTICE OF MATCHES/FORFEITS
- If possible, all draws shall be made at least 2 days before the tournament commences.
- The Draw and Seeding Committee shall be appointed by the Tournament Director.
- Notice of Matches. It is the responsibility of each player to check the posted schedules to determine the time and place of each match. If any change is made in the schedule after posting, the Tournament Director or his designated representative shall notify the players of the change.
- Forfeited Matches. A player or team forfeiting a match for any reason shall lose the match as if that player or team lost all games of that match. Therefore, the other player or team wins the match as if that player or team won all games of that match. The winning player or team shall receive the appropriate point score or advance to the next level.
Lower Bracket Matches. In all USAPA-sanctioned tournaments, each entrant shall be entitled to participate in a minimum of two scheduled matches per event entered. This means that losers of their first match shall have the opportunity to compete in the event’s lower bracket. The lower bracket matches may be modified at the discretion of the Tournament Director (e.g., one game to 15 points), but this modification must be announced either verbally or in writing to all players before the tournament begins or on the tournament application.
|Event Codes Information||
|PI001||Senior Games Pickleball - Singles (Thursday)
||PI002||Senior Games Pickleball - Doubles (Thursday)
|PI003||Senior Games Pickleball - Mixed Doubles (Friday)
||PI004||SMSG Pickleball - Singles (Saturday)
|PI005||SMSG Pickleball - Singles (Saturday)
||PI006||SMSG Pickleball - Mixed Doubles (Sunday)