July 27-28, 2013
||Rainbow Softball Center, 1615 Business Loop 70 W, Columbia, MO
||$150 per team by July 1. $200 after July 1 (space permitting)
||Rick Petty, (573) 690-1977
|How to Enter:
|Register online now for kickball.|
To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to:
| ||Show-Me State Games|
1105 Carrie Francke Dr, Room 01
Columbia, MO 65211-3190
Roster / Roster Additions
We must have a completed roster turned into our office along with your registration. Players may be added to your roster at no charge prior to the following deadlines. If you register by mail, your roster must be turned into our office by July 7. If you register online, your must enter your roster into the Team Management by July 7. Please note your team entry and payment must be received by your sport’s specific entry deadline. Changes may still be made to your roster after these dates, but MUST be done during check-in at the Hearnes Center. Roster additions at this time will be charged $5 per person added to the roster and there will be no limit to the roster addition charges. Additions received after these dates will not be processed.
- Current A.S.A. Softball Rules will govern kickball with the following emphasis and modifications:
- Games will be played on the regulation softball fields at Rainbow.
- Games are 7 innings or 60 minutes, there is a 10 run rule after five innings.
- Teams will consist of five males and five females, a minimum of eight will be required for a game to start or continue
- Teams must alternate positions in the batting order by sex.
- Males and females do not have to alternate defensively on the bases or in the outfield. The catcher and pitcher do not have to be of opposite sexes and are considered infielders. Teams are not regulated as far as the number of infielders or outfielders or gender of each.
Batting / Running
- Batter must wait for the ball to be within three feet of home plate before kicking the ball.
- If the batter does not like the pitch, he/she should not attempt to kick it, and another pitch will be thrown. There are not strikeouts or walks. If the first attempt is missed, the batter is out. However, a batter will get one courtesy foul ball. If the second attempt is missed or is a foul ball, the batter is out.
- All kicks must be made by the foot.
- Bunting is not allowed. A bunt will be a dead ball and an automatic out.
- After a fly ball is caught, a runner must tag up before advancing to the next base. Failure to do so may result in an out if the runner is legally hit with the ball or the opponent gets the ball to the previous base before the runner can return to tag up.
- If a ball hits a kicker in fair territory after the ball is kicked, the kicker is out; the same applies to a runner.
- A batter/runner is out in situations similar to softball (forceouts, popouts, etc.) In addition, a runner is out when he/she is hit by a thrown ball below the shoulders.
- No leading off or stealing is allowed. Runners off the base when the ball is kicked will be declared out.
- Runners must stay within the base line.
- Running past another runner is not allowed.
- Hitting a runner's neck or head with the ball is not allowed. If the runner intentionally uses the head or neck to block the ball, the runner is out. If a ball is thrown at the runner's neck or head, it will be an immediate dead ball and ALL runner's will advance to home and a run will score for each runner.
Pitching / Fielding
- No bouncies when pitching. Pitches must be less than one foot in height at the plate.
- The pitcher must stay at the pitchers rubber until the ball is kicked. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batter re-kicking the ball.
- No player may field in front of the pitcher other than the catcher. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batter re-kicking the ball.
- The catcher may not break the plane of the home plate until the ball is kicked. Infraction results in all runners advancing one base and the batter re-kicking the ball.
- There is NO infield fly rule, but a fielder cannot intentionally drop a ball to turn a double play. An infraction of this results in all baserunners being safe.
- Once the pitcher has the ball in control and on the mound, the play ends.
- A count of three outs by a team completes the team's half of the inning
- An out is:
- A runner touched by the ball or who touches the ball at any time while not on base while the ball is in play. (Runners must be hit with the ball below the shoulders. If a ball is thrown at the runner's neck or head, it will be an immediate dead ball and ALL runner's will advance to home and a run will score for each runner).
- Any kicked ball that is caught (fair or foul).
- A ball tag on a base to which a runner forced to run.
- A runner off his/her base when the ball is kicked.
- Free substitution as long as it is a male for a male and a female for a female.
|Event Codes Information||
|KB001||Kickball (Adult only)