JUNE 20-21-22, 2014
|9th / 10th Grade Boys / Girls|
11th / 12th Grade Boys / Girls
July 18-19-20, 2014
|4th Grade Boys / Girls|
5th Grade Boys / Girls
6th Grade Boys / Girls
7th Grade Girls
8th Grade Girls
July 25-26-27, 2014
3rd Grade Boys / Girls
7th Grade Boys
8th Grade Boys
9th / 10th Grade Boys / Girls - UPDATE
11th / 12th Grade Boys / Girls - UPDATE
*Grades based on 2012-2013 school year
GAMES WILL BEGIN ON FRIDAY EACH WEEKEND.
Basketball teams MUST be prepared to play all 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Games may start as early as 8:00 a.m. on Friday in Columbia, Missouri. Teams could play as many as 7 or 8 games over the weekend. In general, teams will play 3 games in pool-play and then all basketball teams will be seeded into a single-elimination bracket.
||Basketball competition will take place in Columbia, Missouri at the MU Student Recreation Complex and various other sites in the area.
8th Grade & below: By June 28: $225 After June 28 (space permitting): $275
9th-12th Grades: By May 24: $250 After May 24 (space permitting): $300
Adult: By July 5: $250 After July 5 (space permitting): $300
||Last possible dates for enty will be July 8 for age divisions playing the weekend of July 19-21.
Last possible dates for entry will be July 15 for age divisions playing the weekend of July 26-28.
||TEAMS MUST CHECK-IN PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME. Failure to do so may result in you forfeiting games. All teams will check-in at the site of your first game.
Items needed for registration will be as follows:
- Each player on the team will need a signed entry form / waiver if they have not already been mailed to our office.
- Rosters should have already been submitted with your registration. However, you may also add players to your roster at this time. There will be a charge of $5 per addition.
||Joe Guffey, (573) 808-4997
|How to Enter:
|Register online now for basketball.|
To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games Basketball Entry Form and mail it along with payment to:
| ||Show-Me State Games|
1105 Carrie Francke Dr, Room 01
Columbia, Missouri 65211-3190
Roster / Roster Additions
We must have a completed roster turned into our office along with your registration. Players may be added to your roster at no charge prior to the following deadlines. Your roster must be either be turned into our office or entered into the online team managment (online registrations only) by July 7 (June 1 for 19 and Over and Older).
Please note your team entry and payment must be received by your sport’s specific entry deadline.
Changes may still be made to your roster after these dates, but MUST be done during check-in. Roster additions at this time will be charged $5 per person added to the roster and there will be no limit to the roster addition charges. Additions received after these dates will not be processed.
2013 SHOW-ME STATE GAMES - BASKETBALL
- SMSG Basketball will follow the rules of the MSHAA and the NCAA. Wheelchair basketball teams will play by standard wheelchair basketball rules.
- Age divisions will be determined by a player's grade during the 2012-2013 school year.
- Players must be able to show proof of grade if asked by Games officials.
- A player may play only on one team per weekend, excluding 30+, 40+ and 50+ age groups.
- A player that plays on two teams in one weekend must forfeit a game. Except for the 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+ age groups.
- Teams must start game with 5 players. Roster size for each team will be limited to 12 players max.
- Forfeit time will be 10 minutes from scheduled game time. Site supervisors will determine forfeit.
- Teams must furnish their own warm-up and game basketballs.
- Teams should have light and dark jerseys. Numbers should be on both sides of jersey.
- Teams must furnish one scorekeeper for each game. Scorekeeper provided by the team must sit next to the scorekeeper provided by the opposing team. The running score on score sheets will be the official score.
TECHNICAL FOULS / FORFEITS
- Any coach or player receiving two technical fouls in one game will not be allowed to participate in the following game.
- Any team receiving two technical fouls (unsportsmanlike behavior) in one game will forfeit that game. Should the forfeit occur during a medal round, the forfeiting team will not be awarded medals.
- Any coach or player who indicates to an official that his or her team does not want to continue a game shall be considered a forfeit. Should a forfeit occur during a medal round game, the forfeiting team will not be eligible to receive medals.
- Any team that forfeits (2) games are considered dropped from tournament. A team cannot advance to a medal round with (2) forfeits.
RECREATIONAL / COMPETITIVE
- The Recreational Division will not allow pressing, except for the last 2 minutes of the game. The Competitive Division will play by Missouri State High School Rules. Coaches of recreational division teams should remind officials prior to game that the game is a recreational division game.
SPECIAL RULES FOR 3RD GRADE
- Teams in the 3rd grade division will be required to play man-to-man defense at all times, even on out-of-bounds plays. No zone.
- Pressing will not be allowed in the 3rd grade division except for the last 2 minutes of the game.
- All girls and women's team will use the smaller 28.5" bal. Boys 5th grade and younger will also use the smaller 28.5" ball. 6th grade and older boys will use the official men's basketball.
- 4th/5th/6th grade divisions will play 8 minute quarters. Overtime is 2 minutes, clock will stop for normal violations.
- 7th and 8th grade divisions will play 9 minute quarters. Overtime is 2 minutes, clock will stop for normal violations.
- 9th/10th/11th/12th grade divisions will play 10 minute quarters. Overtime is 3 minutes, clock will stop for normal violations.
- 19-and-over men or women, 30, 40, 50 and 60-and-over men will play 20-minute halves; Overtime will be five minutes. Clock will run continuously until 5 minutes remain in each half, then the clock will stop for normal violations.
- All divisions 18 and under will use a running clock with the following exceptions. The clock will stop for all free throw, time outs, injuries and any other time deemed necessary by the official. In addition, the clock will stop for all normal violations the last 2 minutes of each half.
- Half time will be 3 minutes.
- If a team takes a 20 points lead or more we will play the "MERCY RULES", meaning the clock will continuously run until the half or game expires. The clock will only stop on official time-outs, injury, shoe-tying, or if referee needs to clean up wet spots on floor.
- 19 & over women will use a 10-sec back-court violation because the shot clock will not be used.
- Teams will be allowed 2 full timeouts per game. Timeouts will not carry over to overtime. Team will be allowed one timeout in overtime.
ADVANCING TO SINGLE ELIMINATION BRACKET
The following tie-breakers will be based for determining seeding for the bracket. **Teams winning a forfeit game count as a win toward record but does not count toward Point Differential. Averages per game will be used.
- Win-Loss Record
- Head-to-Head Competition
- Point Differential (Max of 15 points for a win. Average of all games played.)
- Fewest Points allowed (Based on Pool Play Games)
- Luck of Draw (coin-toss)
- Protest forms will be available during the tournament with the site coordinators.
- All decisions of the referees with regards to facts and the rules of the game are final and appeals with regard to such matters will not be heard.
- All disputes/protests will be settled by the protest committee. Protests must be filed in writing with the site coordinator within 30 minutes after completion of the game in question by the team coach and accompanied by a fee of $ 100.00 in cash. This deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the committee.
||REMINDER: NCAA rules prohibit prospect-aged individuals (9th-12th grade) from making in-person, on-campus contact with Division I men's basketball coaching staffs during the month of July. Therefore, please refrain from attempting a visit to the MU men's basketball offices while participating in the Show-Me STATE GAMES.
|Event Codes Information||
|BB001||2nd and 3rd Grade Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB002||2nd and 3rd Grade Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB003||4th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB004||4th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB005||4th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB006||4th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB007||5th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB008||5th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB009||5th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB010||5th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB011||6th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB012||6th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB013||6th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB014||6th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB015||7th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB016||7th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB017||7th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB018||7th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB019||8th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB020||8th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB021||8th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB022||8th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB023||9th/10th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB024||9th/10th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB025||9th/10th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB026||9th/10th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB027||11th/12th Grade Rec Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB028||11th/12th Grade Rec Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB029||11th/12th Grade Comp Boys ('12-'13 School Year)
||BB030||11th/12th Grade Comp Girls ('12-'13 School Year)
|BB031||19 and Over Recreational, Female
||BB032||19 and Over Competitive, Female
|BB033||19 and Over Recreational, Male
||BB034||19 and Over Intermediate, Male
|BB035||19 and Over Competitive - Division 1, Male
||BB039||30 and Over, Male
|BB040||40 and Over, Male
||BB050||50 and Over, Male
|BB060||60 and Over, Male