In 2013, Shelter Insurance® helped bring the Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run back with a great start, including a run in six cities! The goal of the Torch Run is to create exposure for the GAMES throughout Missouri, with the ultimate goal of attracting participants to take part in Missouri’s Olympic-style sports festival in Columbia.
This year, the Torch will visit 10 cities, including Springfield, Joplin, Kansas City, St. Joe, Hannibal, Cape Girardeau, St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson City and Columbia. The Torch is run in some of our state’s most well-known parks and landmarks, including Missouri’s State Capitol and the University of Missouri campus and downtown Hannibal.
The Shelter Insurance® Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run would not be possible without the support of Shelter Insurance®, who is much more than a financial backer, but a true partner, providing support, volunteers and expertise to make the Torch Run events and the GAMES the success they are today.
2018 Shelter Insurance® Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run Schedule:
- Joplin – March 22, 1 p.m. Missouri Southern North End Zone Facility
- Springfield – March 22, 5 p.m.: Cooper Tennis Complex
- Kansas City – April 13, 1:30 p.m.: Mill Creek Park
- St. Joseph – April 13, 5 p.m.: St. Joseph Visitor’s Center and Missouri Western
- Hannibal – April 17, 11 a.m.: Central Park
- Cape Girardeau – May 7, 1 p.m.: A.C. Brase Arena
- St. Louis – May 7, 7 p.m.: Busch Stadium
- St. Charles – May 8, 10 a.m.: Frontier Park
- Jefferson City – July 20, 11 a.m.: Missouri Governor’s Garden
- Columbia – July 20: 3 p.m.: University of Missouri; 3:30 p.m.: Shelter Insurance®
Individuals interested in running the torch can email Emily Lorenz at lorenzep@Missouri.edu for more details.