Online registration for Basketball (High School) closed on June 4.
DeadlinesRegistration is now closed
Thanks to our Sponsors
June 9-10, 2018 - BRACKETS AND SCHEDULES
High school age teams will compete this weekend. Team does not have to be your complete high school team.
Team will be scheduled for 4 games. All games will be one day. Teams will be able to pick which day they want to play.
Columbia College (CC) – Southwell Gymnasium – located at 1001 Rogers St.
Hickman High School – located at 1104 N. Providence Rd.
$225 for one team.
$200 per team for 2 teams.
$175 per team for 3 or more teams. Discounts for multiple teams.
Deadline for High School basketball will be June 1. Entries may be taken after that on a space available basis. Last possible day to register is June 3.
Each team MUST CHECK-IN AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME. All teams will check-in at the site of your first game. Items needed for check-in are:
- Team Roster. You can print a roster form here: http://www.smsg.org/pdfs/teamentryform.pdf
- Each player on the team will need a signed waiver form turned in before they are allowed to play. NO EXCEPTIONS. You can print a waiver form here: http://www.smsg.org/pdfs/teamentryform.pdf
For questions, contact the Show-Me State Games office at 573-882-2101.
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Show-Me State Games Online Registration - Basketball (High School)
Register by Mail: To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to:
Show-Me State Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
If registering multiple teams, you must either register by phone or mail.
- 1 Day Event - 4 Games Guaranteed
- All games played in airconditioned gyms on hardwood floors
- Will feature a MSHSAA 3-man crew officials clinic
- Discounts for multiple teams
- Bring Freshman / JV / Varsity teams to fully utilize MSHSAA contact days
Each team MUST CHECK-INAT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME. All teams will check-in at the site of your first game. Items needed for check-in are:
- Team Roster. You can print a roster form here: https://www.smsg.org/forms/
- Each player on the team will need a signed waiver form turned in before they are allowed to play. NO EXCEPTIONS. You can print a waiver form here: https://www.smsg.org/forms/
Each team should supply 1 person to act as scorekeeper for each game. During each game, one person from one team will keep the official scoresheet and person from the opposing team will run the clock/scoreboard.
Rules and Format:
- Games will consist of (2) 16 minute halves, with a running clock.
- Clock will stop for free throws.
- Clock will stop the last 30 seconds of the 1st half and the last minute of the 2nd half. If the point spread is over 15 in the last minute of the game, the clock will NOT stop.
- Each team will have (2) 30 second time-outs per game.
- An additional time-out per overtime will be given to each team
- 1st overtime = 2 minutes – clock stops last minute.
- 2nd overtime = Sudden Death – first team to score wins.
- Individual fouls will NOT be kept, but team fouls will be kept.
- All free-throws until the last minute of the game will be shot in the following manner:
- 1 and 1 – shoot 1 free throw: Make = 2 points
- 2 shot free throws – shoot 1 free throw: Make = 2 points
- 3 shot free throws – shoot 1 free throw: Make = 3 points
- During the last minute of the game, free throws are shot as in a normal game.
Please have your team ready to play at game time! We will do everything we can to keep all courts on time!
REMINDER: NCAA rules prohibit prospect-aged individuals (9th-12th grade) from making in-person, on-campus contact with Division I men's basketball coaching staffs during the month of July. Therefore, please refrain from attempting a visit to the MU men's basketball offices while participating in the Show-Me STATE GAMES.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|B2023||Freshman Boys - Saturday|
|B2024||Freshman Girls - Saturday|
|B2025||JV Boys - Saturday|
|B2026||JV Girls - Saturday|
|B2027||Varsity Boys - Saturday|
|B2028||Varsity Girls - Saturday|
|B2030||Freshman Boys - Sunday|
|B2031||Freshman Girls - Sunday|
|B2032||JV Boys - Sunday|
|B2033||JV Girls - Sunday|
|B2034||Varsity Boys - Sunday|
|B2035||Varsity Girls - Sunday|