VOLUNTEER CONTACT: (573) 884-2946
Did you know the Show-Me STATE GAMES are THE LARGEST STATE GAMES IN THE NATION? One key reason to our success as the largest games event is our outstanding volunteers who dedicate their time and energy in making the Games run so smoothly!
We anticipate thousands of athletes from across Missouri along with their families and friends to descend upon Columbia for the 30th Annual Show-Me STATE GAMES! Our participants are always impressed with the warm hospitality and strong sense of community spirit that Mid-Missouri has to offer. Our Volunteers help make Central Missouri a great place to host the Games.
Want to have a fun time this summer? Sign up to volunteer and enjoy the many activities that will that will be taking place during the STATE GAMES of the Midwest (June 20-22), and the Show-Me STATE GAMES (July 18-20 and 25-27).
On behalf of everyone associated with the Show-Me STATE GAMES, please accept our heartfelt “THANK YOU” for the many, many hours you give during the three weekends of the GAMES. Your enthusiasm and courtesy provide a rewarding experience for all our athletes, their families and friends!
|Ways to Become a Volunteer
- Print and Complete the Volunteer Form. Then Fax (573-884-4004) or Mail (1105 Carrie Francke Dr, Room 01, Columbia 65211) the completed form to our office.
- Call Cindy Garcia at the Show-Me STATE GAMES office, (573) 884-2946, for any volunteer questions or if you would like a Volunteer Registration Form faxed, e-mailed or mailed to you.
- Corporate Volunteer Program: If you have 12 or more volunteers from your business or group (can also include family and friends), then check out this special program to give your business or group recognition while volunteering.
- Register Online:
|General Volunteer Information
Volunteer Booth - The volunteer booth is located on the east side of the Hearnes Center, on the main concourse. Questions regarding volunteer assignments can be answered at this location. The booth's phone number is 573-884-2946 and messages for volunteers can be left with the booth's staffers.
Where do I go? - If you have received a pre-assigned notification, go directly to the site. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time and report to the site coordinator. If you do not have a pre-assigned time, go to the volunteer booth at the Hearnes Center for an assignment. If you have any questions pertaining to your assignment, please call 573-884-2946 (the Volunteer Booth).
What will my job be? - Various duties within each sport are listed at the bottom of the page. All we ask for is your cooperation and your friendly smile. All volunteer assignments can be easily learned within a short time.
What should I wear? - You will be provided an Official SMSG Volunteer T-shirt. Be sure to wear your shirt to be recognized easily by players, teams and coaches. Shirts are available at the Hearnes Center volunteer booth from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday prior to the first weekend of Games (for early pickup) and during the Games. If your volunteer site is outside, we recommend that you wear some form of protection from the sun such as a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. It is also recommended that you bring bottled water to drink.
Volunteer Age - All ages are encouraged to volunteer. However, volunteers under the age of 16 should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Medical Coverage - Emergency medical coverage will only be provided at various venues. Please familiarize yourself with the location of the medical facilities or the medical procedures at your venue.
- Basketball- In 2014, Volunteers are needed for team check-in at each location. Teams will be responsible for their own scorekeeping responsibilities
- Cycling - Course marshals, timers
- Duathlon - course monitors
- Martial Arts - Record scores, help officials
- Mountain Biking - Course marshals, time recorders
- Opening Ceremonies - Escort participants, floor escorts, tunnel escorts
- Powerlifting - Load weights
- Registration - Check-in of athletes, t-shirt distribution, various locations, Fridays and Saturdays
- Road Race / Racewalk - Course monitors, work at aid stations, finish line recorders
- Soccer - Field marshal, record scores
- Swimming - Timers, assorted duties
- Track & Field - Timers, record scores, various other duties
- Triathlon - Course monitors
- Miscellaneous Sports - For sports only needing 1 to 5 volunteers
See list of miscellaneous sports on volunteer registration form. Please review the State Games Volunteer Activity Descriptions on the Volunteer Registration Form for more information.
Show-Me STATE GAMES
Coorporate Volunteer Representatives
Mary Ann Mize, Chair
State Farm Insurance
Missouri Employers Mutual
Forum Christian Church
The Callaway Bank
||Copyright © 2014 Show-Me STATE GAMES
Website Designed by PatrickSasser